Dusty Rose Pink Obsession

Monday, October 31, 2016

Hello lovelies,

It's been a while since I last posted, so I thought I’d share with you one of my current color obsession: dusty rose, also known as rose quartz, rose gold, mauve, nude pink or blush pink (whichever you like to call it!) These shades of pink have been around forever, but lately they're popping up everywhere and honestly, the more I see it around, the more I'm feeling it. They’re my newest obsession and I just can’t seem to get enough of it! It reminds me of unicorn and fairy-floss.

I don't know why but for some reason, I've always loved and been drawn to all things delicate and with the soft/pastel/blush tones. I guess because I'm more of a girly-girl when it comes to styling and aesthetics wise. I think dusty rose is really pretty and dainty. I love how elegant and flattering this shade is, yet at the same time, it is also soft and neutral enough to go well with others and actually work on a variety of skin tones. Plus, it's season-less! I just think it's such a beautiful and perfect combination to wear in any season.

I would definitely say that Dusty rose is my Pantone color of the year. Speaking of Pantone color of the year, Rose Quartz, or which I refer to as Dusty Rose, was one of the tones chosen as the Pantone Color of the Year 2016. This probably explains why we've been seeing this color around often lately.

Illustration by: TOSIA // Houghton // M.PATMOS // Charles Youssef


“The soothing, calming nature of colors in the Spring collections are led by Rose Quartz, a persuasive yet gentle tone that conveys compassion and a sense of composure. Like a serene sunset, flushed cheek or budding flower, Rose Quartz reminds us to reflect on our surroundings during the busy but lighthearted spring and summer months.” – according to Leatrice Eiseman, executive director of the Pantone Color Institute.


Well anyway, I was inspired by these pretty shades, so I thought I’d use it to create this month's mood-board. I've pulled out some of my favourite dusty rose looks that I've spotted so far, check it out down below!

Here are some of my top dusty rose photos for fall that I've gathered and put together:


In this edition of my mood-board creation, I wanted to capture the dusty rose trend that has become extremely popular lately. These shades of pink are one of the seasons trendy and hottest choice for the hair, nails, lips, makeup products, jewelry, fashion apparels, shoes and more - you name it!

Besides that, it is also a popular choice for interiors and decorating the home. This color is such a beautiful addition to the decor plans, and it brings off a dreamy and relaxing vibe. I think these whole looks shown above are really pretty. I love the colors of all them as they're soft and elegant shades of pink that isn't too sugary sweet or over the top.


Want more or looking for more inspiration? Scroll down to see some of my favourite takes on the dusty rosy hair trend and how to go about styling them.


DUSTY ROSE HAIR

1 // 2 // 3 

I'm in love with dusty rose hair color!! (especially the first pic!) It's so pretty! This makes me want to have pink hair so much. Love love love it! (well okay maybe not so much especially the last pic :p) One of the things that I love about the dusty rose hair is that it's so versatile. You can play around with the colors and mix & match it by just doing one color and applied it throughout your hair (just like pics 2/3), or you can dip dyed/highlight multiple hues to create a more dynamic look (pic 1).

The soft pastel shades of pink compliment most skin tones and can also be applicable to both short and long hair which gives off different looks and feels. A flawless blend of red and pink, dusty rose is the perfect shade for those looking for that soft and subtle look without having to commit to a drastic change.

If you've brown or dark hair and don't feel like bleaching all your locks, I suggest doing a few strands of dusty rose highlights/babylights throughout your hair, particularly at the bottom, to snag this chic style. This color looks lovely with curls, as shown on this wavy ombre bob in the first pic. Or if you want to go for the lighter route, I suggest going for a pastel pink shade that resembles a milky bubblegum pink (pic 3). You can even style and braid it.

To see more dusty rose hairstyle, click here. I've put together a board of different dusty rose hairstyle.


Have you been into the dusty rose trend? What are your thoughts/favourite finds so far? 

– Let me know what you think below, and if you’ll be playing it on your nails, lips, fashion apparel or in your hair! (:

You May Also Like

0 comments